You didn’t change anything on your computer, you’re the only user and administrator but are still getting this error of “Updates are disabled by the administrator” ?
Following steps will help you to fix this issue easily:
- Ensure you have administrator rights, you will need them
- Use keyboard shortcut “Windows + R” to access “Execute” menu
- Type “regedit” in the field to access to the registry editor
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\
- If you see value UpdateDefault or Defaul
tUpdate, change it from 0 to 1
- Restart Chrome and give it a new try
You can now update Chrome without any problem !